A Vintage Crate   +  home

Christmas Decor (Better Late than Never)

It's December 21, and I just finished decorating for Christmas. I promised myself that I will start much earlier next year. I didn't even put up a lot of the decorations I have. Still, I'm pretty happy with the way it's turned out.

Snowmen and apocathary jars surround the antique wavy-glass window...

I love this tree which is a great way to display some of my vintage ornaments.

This is a shot of our very simple nativity set. It has special meaning to me since my sister-in-law gave it to us for our first Christmas as newlyweds. She passed away from breast cancer 12 years ago. I can't believe she's been gone so long.

This is a simple vignette atop our bookcase. I made the vintage ornament wreath hanging on the wall a couple of years ago. A small collection of tiny, vintage wooden ornaments are grouped beneath a glass cloche.

Here is a close-up ... a bit difficult to see because of the glass.

This pretty glittered angel is actually a Christmas card I received last year. I thought it was so sweet that I decided to place it in a bejeweled frame in order to display it.

These two shelves make use of a blank wall space between the living and dining rooms. I enjoy filling them with objects representing the various holidays/seasons.

I added just a few holiday touches to the kitchen...

Our kitchen Christmas tree is decorated with tiny sugared pear ornaments, aluminum holiday cookie cutters, and other food-related tidbits.

There are several miniature gates hanging in our kitchen, which I've adorned with tiny wreaths.

On Friday, my children had a snow day, and we decorated gingerbread houses. I've found a formula that works best for us:
3 children = 3 gingerbread houses

This is one of the more recent additions to our holiday decor - a vintage jewelry Christmas tree. Apparently, this was a common craft during the 60's or 70's. The background is velvet, and various pieces of costume jewelry and colorful beads are added in the shape of a tree. (I purchased mine on eBay.)

Our tree is fairly simple. I've been visiting others' blogs and think I'd like to have a more ornately decorated tree next Christmas. I'll definately be visiting the post-Christmas sales this year.

Here is one of the angel ornaments I created for a craft fair long ago. Can you see her feet? They are tiny jingle bells.

On a little shelf in the powder room...

Not only did I just complete my decorating, but I only ordered my photo Christmas cards this afternoon ... Yes, on December 21! They will (hopefully) be ready first thing tomorrow morning. Will they be delivered in time for Christmas? Oh, I do hope so...