A Vintage Crate   +  food

Yummy Homemade Marshmallows

What sounds yummier than soft, fluffy, homemade marshmallows? I recently purchased this Martha Stewart special magazine because it has a whole section on felted wool projects (more on that later...)

And, it had a recipe for homemade marshmallows. I've always wanted to try my hand at making them. So, I gathered all the ingredients...

Mixed those ingredients together...

Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet...

Let it set overnight, and then began cutting...

I wanted to make all sorts of sweet shapes using cookie cutters, but soon decided that square marshmallows are much easier...

It was actually quite easy. I'll definately make them again.

Hot chocolate will never be the same at our house...

UPDATE: The recipe can also be found at www.marthastewart.com. Just search for marshmallow snowflakes.