A Vintage Crate   +  Nature

Do You Love Snow?

I do!... Of course, I don't have to shovel anymore. But, even when I did, (before my spine began to crumble, that is) I still couldn't get enough of it.

Snow is inherently beautiful, making everything it touches appear clean and sparkly. I appreciate the way it buffers the everday sounds of the outdoors. And, a coat of freshly-fallen snow has a remarkable ability to make you want to cuddle in front of the fireplace, sharing hot chocolate.

Today, after waking to the addition of about 8 or 9 inches of the white stuff, I soon found my husband getting bundled up to go outside and (ahem) remove it. "Why do you want to ruin it?" I asked. "Doesn't it look so pretty?... Why can't everyone just leave it be and wait until it just melts away on its own?" I said half-jokingly.

He did not answer me. He just went into the garage, pulled out the snowblower, and started up that obnoxiously-loud, gas-spewing contraption...

Ooops! What's that under all that the snow in the driveway?

It's okay, I didn't feel much like reading the Sunday paper today, anyway. Luckily, the snowblower didn't shred the coupon section.

To me, this is a picture of pure beauty...

UPDATE: I just watched the evening news, and we're due to get 2-5 more inches of snow tonight. Yippee!! Keep it coming...