A Vintage Crate   +  valentine's day

I Got A Package!

This girl loves to receive packages. Today my Very Vintage Valentine Swap box arrived from my new blogging friend, Brenda from Texas. Her very creative blog is entitled Memories and Treasures.

Here's a look at what I got... (Sorry for the subpar photos.)

Brenda recovered and embellished this lovely journal. You cannot grasp how wonderful it is from this photograph because it does not pick up the textures and beading. I have been looking for a place to put down my thoughts. Now I have my own beautiful journal.

Inside a lovingly repurposed heart-shaped box, I found a plethora of goodies. First, there was a necklace featuring a gorgeous charm that Brenda created from glass that says "Follow Your Heart." Next, there was a tiny monogrammed bottle charm featuring my initial. And, since Brenda knew I love all things romantic and sparkly, she even included some fabulous rhinestone buttons.

But the piece de resistance was the amazing set of Valentine ornaments that sweet Brenda created for me. She decided to make me some ornaments after reading on my blog that I recently purchased a small, white tree at a post-Christmas sale. Using vintage images, glass, wire, beads, and, glitter, she made the most wonderful ornaments to adorn my white 'holiday' tree. I am so excited that I now have a way to display my tree for Valentine's day.

Oh, and how many ornaments do you think Breanda sent me? ...6? ...12? .... No, she sent 24 hand-crafted ornaments. How fantastic is that? Don't they look fabulous on my white flocked tree?

Here is a sneak peak of the package of Valentine goodies that I have put together for Brenda. (I hope she enjoys her gifts as much as I do mine.)