A Vintage Crate   +  valentine's day

It's not about the chocolates

I mentioned yesterday that there was some activity going on around here this weekend. I had been in and out of consciousness due to whatever bacterium decided to invade my body. Thankfully, on Sunday, I was able to sneak downstairs to capture a photo here and there.

Did you expect to find that my house was in complete disarray since Mommy wasn't paying attention? I sorta did. Instead, I found my amazing hubby doing laundry...

Doing crafty stuff with our high-energy 7 year-old...


Cooking a delicious gourmet dinner...

Beef Bourguignon served over buttered egg noodles. (Yeah, baby!)

and just hanging out by the fire with our older boys...

So, what's with the title of this post, you may be wondering? Well, on Valentine's Day, my hubby, admitted that he "didn't buy me anything." We've never fallen into the trap of feeling like we have to exchange gifts just because it's a particular date. Sometimes we do, but more often, we do not. So, of course, I didn't care one bit that my husband hadn't bought me anything for Valentine's Day. He expresses his love for me in a myriad of ways every single day. And, to me, that is so much more important than chocolates.