A Vintage Crate   +  winners

Feeling Lucky

I want to thank everyone for your kind words. My doctor told me that my chronic pain along with my medications have probably put my immune system at a disadvantage. Thus, not only did I contract influenza, but my body had to work extra hard to recover from it. I am feeling much better now, and am looking forward to Spring, and all it has to offer.

Over the past couple weeks, it seems that my luck has been changing - for the better! It appears that I'm on quite the winning streak. Here is an overview of my winnings...

My crocs have arrived! In February, I attended Blissdom, a fabulous blogging conference held in Nashville. One of the sponsors for the conference was Crocs, and they gave away a gift certificate for a free pair of your choice. Are you aware of all the style available from Crocs. I chose a fabulous leopard-print slingback ballet flat called Malindi.

I entered to win this fantastic prize at the Art Of Accessories blog. There were 3 of these Vivienne Tam wireless mouses (mice?) up for grabs, and I won! This little device has been so wonderful for me as it allows me to relax my shoulders and arms. Therefore, I can work in a much more comfortable position when using my laptop. Thanks so much, DWJ.

I also recently received a swap from my sweet blog friend, Sherry at If I Could Set My Soul Free. We were partners in the Bits and Baubles swap, in which we stuffed a sandwich baggy with craft supplies, scraps and such. Sherry went out of her way to send me the most adorable crocheted flowers - a dozen of them! That wasn't all either; check out my winnings...

I also entered and won this Cloth Paper Scissors magazine at the On Ruby's Hill blog. Have you seen this amazing publication?

Last, but certainly not least, my youngest son's school held a Family Carnival fundraiser last weekend. In addition to children's games, and food, they raffle off a bunch of amazing gift baskets. The parents of each class donate items and put together these baskets, each with a different theme. Well, I bought $20 worth of raffle tickets (of course, it's a great cause) and, guess what?

I won... not one... not two... but THREE BASKETS!


The first basket was a Scrapbooking Basket, and it was filled with wonderful crafting supplies, including a set of scissors that have a variety of decorative edges.


The next basket was a pet-themed basket, and most of the items inside were dog-related. There were treats, a brush, a reflective collar, and oodles of doggie toys. The $20 Petco gift card was a very thoughtful addition. Our sweet pup, Murphy, is surely one lucky dog.


The last basket had a Reading theme and included lots of books (for both adults and children), a comfy throw, pillow, and snuggly stuffed animal. There was also a $25 giftcard to Barnes & Noble. One of the books, Marley & Me, is on my Must Read List.


All these wonderful surprises made my days a bit brighter. There's nothing like winning a prize to make a girl like me excited. (You should have heard me squeal when the woman telephoned to tell me I won the 3 baskets.) Also, the warmer weather and buds on the trees can really lift one's spirits. I am looking forward to Spring this year more than ever.

Oh, and a very Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again..
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.