A Vintage Crate   +  What the heck?

Do You Think I'm Pretty?

Today, I received a catalog with this chandelier on its front cover. My first reaction was: Who would want that monstrosity hanging in their home? I know what you're probably thinking: I'm sure it looks better when it's hanging in a room?

Negative. (Is it just me or does anyone else think it resembles a spider?) ...Maybe it would look cuter if it didn't hang down so far?

Nope...still scary. (Now, it reminds me of Medusa, you know the lady with snakes for hair) Perhaps you prefer more color in your chandelier? Then, this may be a better choice for you.

Sure, I understand everyone has different tastes, but sometimes I think designers purposely create objects that are just plain weird. And, if we don't like it, then we must not be able to understand their cool vibe. I don't know... I think some things are just plain hideous, no matter how you look at them.

When I first saw the chandelier, my initial thinking was: I should probably forward it to the Moggit girls. Moggit is a hilarious new blog run by Joy and Janet who "tackle 'fugly' design and home decor on a daily basis." If you like to laugh, and think that design just sometimes goes too far, then you must visit Moggit.

(All photos courtey of Lamps Plus, where you can find these lamps, plus thousands of more attractive lighting options: Lampsplus.com .)