A Vintage Crate   +  TIME

the start



I'm not sure how long I've wanted to start something on my own, but its definitely been an ongoing idea that has gradually evolved itself into 'ebagsandgladrags'.

I've loved snooping around for vintage for years. Visiting Portabello market and Brick Lane whenever I have a bit of spending money, but it was after a holiday in Cannes, France last summer that I stumbled upon the shop of my dreams.

Floor to ceiling vintage bags on every shelf I could see, spilling out of drawers, filling tables..... heaven! Snake, ostrich, alligator, and more that a few crocs - this was serious bag heaven. I only wish I had taken photos to show you. I did however purchase a couple for myself which I still adore...



french beauties

A celebratory cocktail was in order after that little haul...


yummy

Since then I've mainly been working away and dreaming some more of what could be, and decided to take a gamble by trying my hand at a bit of buying.

I planned a visit to Bristol for the Blind Lemon Vintage Fair for some inspiration -

http://www.blindlemonvintage.co.uk/

Admittedly I should be starting by sourcing my own stuff, but I wanted to get a feel for the quality, prices and general idea of what was out there. It was absolute heaven I have to admit, the quality of vintage from all the stall holders was very very good and I ended up falling in love with more than a few bags. After a bit of haggling I came away with this stash...


leather loveliness

Now to sell these beauties - please see my ebay link at the top if any take your fancy..... more to come!!

xx