A Vintage Crate   +  vacation

Isla Morada Florida

My husband and I are back from our glorious 6 days in sunny (but humid) Florida-sans kids! It was amazing what those 6 little days did for our souls and marriage. It is wonderful how that man still makes my heart do flip-flops-he's a treasure and I thank God for allowing me to share my life with him.
My 1st surprise of the day was a Mustang convertible! Instead of the usual mini-van we rent when on vacation (due to traveling with little ones). Another plus of traveling with-out kids.

We took the top down and let our hair fly while we whizzed down highway towards the Keys.

We first stopped to visit some dear friends who use to live near us while we were in Pennsylvania-when we moved away to Texas they moved to Florida and it had been almost 9 years since we had seen them.

It was so good to catch up and see their beautiful twin 2 yr olds and their gorgeous Florida-style home!

After that we headed down to our hotel in Isla Morada- a little town in the Keys about mid-way to Key West. We stayed at this quaint little boutique hotel called Casa Morada . And let me just tell you- if your looking for a place to get-a-way and have complete quiet and beautiful views- this place is it!! There are only a handful of rooms so it feels like you have the place to yourself. AND they dont allow children under the age of 16. Can I get an Amen? I mean when your vacationing without kids the last thing you want is to be surrounded by someone elses little cherubs.
The room was simple, clean and had lots and lots of windows.

2nd surprise of the day- a beautiful bouquet of red roses with bells of Ireland (one of my favorites!!) and a bottle of champagne. (He's good)

After settling in we headed out to walk the grounds- all I wanted was this:

And this:

And this:

*sigh* And to top it off my 3rd surprise of the day was an in-room 1 hour swedish massage. Oh yeah!! That man knows me well!
Stay tuned! I have so much more to share with you this week!