A Vintage Crate   +  MUSIC

M.I.A. - /\/\ /\ Y /\

M.I.A. is back with an all new collection of urban reggae pop beats; and she's ready to make us dance! With so many artists attempting to copy her sound ever since "Paper Planes" went mainstream, M.I.A. needed to come back with a new collection that would "up the ante!" And that is what she has done!

I predict many of the tracks will end up getting radio play in the U.S. only because this seems to be the direction music is going on U.S. radio... urban hip hop stylish pop! Her track "Teqkilla" is one of those types of tracks... hard yet catchy and fun. People like her because she's not the norm, especially in an age of pop reinvention being so crucial for gaining popularity.

M.I.A. is not the most public figure and will need to market herself well with this new album. The talent is there and the sound is fresh, but if she cannot deliver the push to the public, this album risks not being as popular as the last. I'm excited to see how this album will be received. The album is out very soon!

RATING: A-

.

Teqkilla