A Vintage Crate   +  work

Favorite Paint Colors- Part II

We had such a great response to the "Designers Favorite Paint Colors" that I decided to do a Part 2. You can read Part 1- HERE . I asked a few more wonderful, talented, and inspiring designers share their "go to" paint colors.

Jenny Komenda -Pearl Street Interiors "one of my go-to colors is Benjamin Moore's Horizon. It's a really lovely, soft blue gray.
I used it here in the backs of my client's bookshelves."

Paloma Contreras-Editor & Chief of High Gloss Magazine & La Dolce Vita Blog. "When I decided to paint my formal living room a rich color, I knew that I wanted something bold, but not too dark or overwhelming. I decided on "Aging Barrel" from Behr's Premium Plus line. It has primer in the formula, which allowed me to save time by skipping an entire step. The coverage is excellent and the color is the most perfect shade of mocha. I have received countless compliments on the color, so needless to say, I am thrilled with it."

Camila Pavone- Effortless Style Interiors
"My favorite go-to color that works in mostly every space is Benjamin Moore Ashley Gray"

Erika Ward- Erika Ward Interiors & Blulabel Bungalow
"Mushroom Basket by Duron. It’s the perfect shade of gray, not too icy. It’s just the right temperature to make vivid colors pop without looking too trendy."

Abbe Fenimore- Studio Ten 25 & Shop Ten 25

Photography by: Melanie Johnson

Photography by: Melanie Johnson

Photography By: Melanie Johnson

Photography By: Melanie Johnson


KathySue-Good Life of Design

The lightest blue in my Master is my own formula and I have not found a color on the market to duplicate it that shows the same in my lighting. I have the formula for those that are interested in it. I used a Kelly Moore light tint paint base with:

  • B-1
  • A-1/2
  • E-4
  • L-2

Here is a nice line-up of Benjamin Moore colors that I know are tried and true. Even though I don’t personally do gray I think these two grays are beautiful colors to use in a room.

Thank you ladies all so much for your insight on paint colors! Paint truly is an inexpensive way to make an impact in a room.

****Don't forget to enter the Layla Grayce $300 gift certificate giveway- HERE. Winner will be announced THIS Friday. *****