A Vintage Crate   +  room

Green painted chest with brass hardware: A before & after

After two weeks of DIY-hell, I finally finished painting my living room chest. I am not a patient person and waiting a full 24-hrs between coats of paint does not make for a happy Amanda. I was gently nudged and encouraged by my dear friend Cyndy to tackle this myself and I have to be honest it felt good to follow through with it.Here is the BEFORE:This was a piece I had purchased years ago from a local yard sale. I originally sanded it down to applied a grey stain to it- but the dull green undertones drove me crazy.

And here she is AFTER:

I even got a wild hair to paint the inside gold- it unfortunately does not photograph a well.

Paint- Behr Pine Scent mixed at SW in Acrylic Latex Pro Classics linesInside Paint- Rustoleum Gold PaintHardware- Liz's Antique HarwareLamps- Visual ComfortBlack shades- Ballard DesignsCoral- HomeGoods