A Vintage Crate   +  work

Chair Before & After

Ever have one of those DIY-don'ts in your life? Well I recently had one in mine. Chair reupholstery. I cant do it. I tried, it looked ok at a very far distance and it even photographed ok- but in all honesty it was a hot mess. So before I show you the gloriously amazing AFTER that my wonderful upholsterer did. I will show you what I did attempted.
First- the BEFORE BEFORE- my $5 garage sale score:

The Amanda Carol tried her best but just didnt get it quite right AFTER (trust me the photo hides a lot of the scary stuff)

And now the AFTER Amanda Carol wises up and hires a REAL professional to do the work: (It looks black in the photo-but its actually a Chocolate brown with solid chocolate cording)

I decided to do a solid chocolate fabric on the back for some contrast.

So what do you think? Tomorrow I'll share my other DIY- dont chair- The slipcovered version- um yea Im no Miss Mustard Seed when it comes to those. She is da bomb! So I sent that little chair to my upholsterer too! And hopefully I will have my complete office reveal to show you soon!! Im waiting on a few more things. Including getting rid of the ceiling fan and installing a new chandy *squee* LINKING TO: Show & Share at Just A Girl Serenity Now- Weekend Link Up