A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

grainsack chair

I just finished my first, and possibly last, upholstery project, using this chair that's been sitting in the garage for a few months, and an old grain sack I found online for $30.
I loved the details of this chair, and knew it would be fun to {primp}. Here's what it looked like before. I'm sure it was a real beauty in it's time, but I was going for a different look. The finished chair now sits in a little nook near my built-in shelves, Then, I couldn't decide whether to paint the chair white or leave it as it was. So I compromised and did a thick white dry brush effect. I like the way it turned out, with a little bit of the natural dark wood showing through, and I didn't even need to sand! Not bad for a totally unique and utterly cool chair with a frenchy farmhouse feel. Now I'm off to finish my boy's room redo (which feels like the longest project ever!), and to gather ideas to bring fall inside.keep primping,