A Vintage Crate   +  work

Ikea Malm Dresser Goes Glam

A few months ago I ran across this AMAZING product from these uber talented ladies, Danika and Cheryle from O'Verlays. These gals have created a way to dress up Ikea dressers, nightstands and tables with lightweight, decorative fret-work panels.

I knew I needed storage in my home office but didnt want to spend a ton of money so this was the perfect solution for me!
I bought the Ikea Malm dresser in white and added a white glass top.

I then ordered the Greek Key fret from O'Verlays .
They come in white, which I could have just used them as is:

But I felt I needed a little more boo-ya bling so I spray painted them gold. Now Danika and Cheryle recommend you prime them first, then paint them; well you know me, impatient girl- I just slapped that gold spray paint on. And so far so good.

I attached the little stickies to the back and secured them to my dresser. Danika and Cheryle also recommend you use little brad nails to attach them to the dresser, but I didnt want to make any holes in mine in case I decide to change things up (which Im known to do). So they seem to hold just fine.
Here's the BEFORE:

And the AFTER:

So much better!!
I also picked up these beautiful magenta flowers from the grocery store last night. Aren't they lovely?

I CAN NOT wait to get this office done! Just a few more things to do and I will then have it photographed by my beautiful and wonderfully talented photographer and share the photos with you soon! **Edited: Office is DONE- you can see it HERE and HERE ****

LINKING TO:

Weekend Bloggy Reading