A Vintage Crate   +  stuff

Stair Makeover

After seeing Southern Hospitality's stair makeover here and Centsational Girls re-do here. I wanted to tackle mine. I was a little chicken at first and tried it out on my fireplace mantle here- after chanting to myself "I can do it", "I can do it", I attacked the stairs. Oh my-lanta! what a chore-all those little spindles, sanding, taping, and re-taping (dont ask). But I am proud to say it is done and I love it!

It is amazing how the white wood now pops against the espresso. And the two things I could not have done this project without is: 1: Gel Stain!! once you've tried the Gel you will NEVER want to use that runny, drippy regular stain again. This stuff is like pudding! and spreads like butter! 2: The Octo-Sander (be still my heart)

this baby gets in all those little cracks, angles and crevices. It cut my sanding time in half and saved on achy arms.

Here are some befores and afters: