A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

Altered Book Pumpkin

I had a little fun this weekend playing with some scissors and glue.

I also had a little fun playing on "picnik".

Can you tell?

I love this textured look,

and the cross process, makes it look kind of spooky.

This is the gritty effect.

ok, here's how I made the pumpkin.

I took about 5 paperback books from my son's room that I had purchased from the thrift store for .50 cents each. He hadn't ever read them yet and decided it was a lost cause so I'd make good use of them. I traced a half pumpkin shape with a pencil, then cut using an exacto knife.

Here are two books side by side that make a pumpkin shape.

Then start glueing them together. Let dry under a stack of something heavy. And then continue with the other 3 books until it is really full

and looks something like this.

This goes along perfectly with the fall style I am going for this year,

creams and blacks, with only a touch of orange.