A Vintage Crate   +  work

Christmas on the brain

I know that its not even Halloween yet, but I can't get Christmas off my mind. I am already plotting planning my decor for this year. Every year it seems I decorate with less and less. Now don't get me wrong- I LOVE the house to scream Merry Christmas- but just not so much that it hits you in the face at every turn. I've learned to work "with" my home and not against it. Bringing in colors that compliment my interiors and my style. And especially bringing in more natural elements. Not only is it inexpensive but it helps "ground" your decor.
This room has some great metallics going on- but the greenery/natural elements help keep it grounded.

Source: Uploaded by user via Amanda on Pinterest
Love the boxwood wreath place setting- contrasting with the red plate.

Source: azcentral.com via Amanda on Pinterest

This is one of my all-time favorite photos. I saved this photo in my inspiration file last year (before Pinterest was born). The mercury glass mixed with fresh greens, white cyclamens & paper whites make such a statement.

This is another photo that took my breath away. Boxwood wreaths oh how I love thee. These can be quite expensive if you buy fresh every year-but I have seen some great "faux" ones from Pottery Barn and Ballards. Or if your lucky enough to have boxwood growing in your yard- DIY some.

Source: room-galleries.myhomeideas.com via Amanda on Pinterest
Another great example of using fresh natural elements.

Source: willowhouse.com via Amanda on Pinterest
Boxwood on the front porch.

Source: houseandhome.com via Amanda on Pinterest
I think this year Im going to try this trio of wreaths instead of the traditional single wreath.

Source: marthastewart.com via Amanda on Pinterest
Love this idea for the outdoor garden. Christmas lights under a cloche.

Source: theinspiredroom.net via Amanda on Pinterest
While out shopping this weekend I ran across these candle holders that would make a great DIY project. They were $89.00 each! All you would need is a candle holder, a plate or bowl, a glass candle holder and some greenery!

And it took every ounce of will power in me to NOT bring a pair of these chairs home with me. They were a lovely chocolate-gray velvet with rustic Restoration Hardware looking legs and nail head trim. Closeout price: $400 ea!!! Regular price $950! ugh! I know- why oh why did I walk away?