A Vintage Crate   +  party

Blue and White Baby Shower

My sister is pregnant with her first baby and we celebrated this past Saturday with a precious blue, white and grey themed baby shower (with pops of yellow duckies).

I spray painted mason jars blue, filled them with simple white flowers and set them on stacks of old children's books.

We floated one blue baby duckie in the pool amongst the yellow ones.

This amazing ombre ribbon cake was made by a friend of my sisters who makes beautiful cakes and cookies AND they taste -AHHH-mazing. If your local and want her number leave me a comment and I will send you her info.

She made these precious onsie cookies with baby Noah's initial.

We had a "pop"corn bar for party favors- my younger sister made these "about to pop" bags.

The "gifts" and "hello baby" banner are from this Etsy shop.

Me and my aunt, sisters and my mom.

My moms dog Chicha wanting in on the action

And a little story about the cake-- which is now dubbed "bullet proof" because it feel over not once, not twice, but three times! After I shot the photos of the cake a big gust of wind knocked down my framed memo board and landed on the cake knocking it on its side-and would you believe it didn't make a scratch. After that mishap we readjusted the frame and thought we were in the clear. Ten minutes later another gust of wind knocked the frame down and one cookie tier and a glass lid off the popcorn jar smashed to the ground- the dogs ran up, snatched a few of the fallen cookies and the cake was once again upside down-still no scratch! To make this story even funnier or sadder was that this exact thing happened to my sisters Wedding cake minutes before they were going to cut the cake-except that cake was completely destroyed -they managed to salvage a side of it for wedding photos. Good news was this cake made it and it tasted beyond amazing!!! and while we were sitting enjoying our cake and coffee another gust of wind knocked the rest of it down for a third time!

All in all it was a lovely day celebrating with friends and family, laughing till our cheeks hurt and realizing how blessed we are.