A Vintage Crate   +  table

DIY Sunburst Mirror

Well I decided to jump on the Sunburst mirror making bandwagon. My two favorites were Kate's from Centsational Girl and Kristi's from Addicted 2 Decorating.

Kate's Mirror

Kristi's Mirror


Here is my version:

Here's my supplies. A round table topper (you know those 3-legged tables you can get a Walmart and cover them with a fabric topper). A mirrored charger I bought from Michael's last year on sale, 6 packs of wood shims, and a glue gun.

I first centered the mirror on the topper and taped it to the board- I wanted to be able to remove it later so I could spray paint it. I then arranged the shims around the mirror and hot glued them in place.

Once it was complete I removed the mirror and spray painted it with Valpaspar's Metallic Gold.

The wood shims soak up the paint a lot- so if I were to do this again I would prime them first, then apply my gold. Not too shabby- huh? Easy-Peasy: