A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

a little birdie ornament & a look at my finished tree

This is the 5th and final handmade ornament I will make this year. I have had so much fun making ornaments for my tree but I am officially done now. As you can see, my tree is pretty full now.I found these cute chipboard birds in the dollar bins at Michaels. There were 5 in the package for $1. They had a little wing on them too, but I thought they looked funny, so I just snipped them right off. I glued on some burlap cut to size and then trimmed with silver chenille stems found at the dollar store. Then I added a pearl button for the eye and a string to hang. These are very similar to ones I had seen at a store for $6 each. I love that I was able to make my own for about .50 cents each!

Here's my tree, mostly creams and silver with a touch of red.

Check out a closer view of each of my handmade ornaments: bookpage ornament, vintage bottle brush ornament, and grain sack ornament .

Here's the full view, nice and full. I wrapped muslin around the bottom to skirt the tree.

It feels good to be finally done with my tree, at least for this year!