A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

a little sewing & a plea for help

After seeing this picture in the December Country Living magazine I knew I wanted to create a similar design with my own twist.

I took some dropcloth material I had leftover from making some curtains for my bedroom.

I love the nubby yet soft texture of this material. I used some Making Memories letter stamps from my scrapbooking stash to stamp the letters.

I stamped Peace on one side,

and joyeux noel on the other.

Then I washed in hot and dried in the dryer to allow the black paint to fade a little and give it more of that worn look.

I also made one that says Feliz Natal on one side for my hubby who lived in Brazil for a couple of years.

Help! Ever since I saw all the pictures from the Ruffles & Rust Ball a few months ago I've had this wish banner in my head, and on my mental 'to buy' list. However, I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

When I found this cute wish sign I was temporarily satisfied but if anyone knows where I can find the large one I would love to know!