A Vintage Crate   +  WFMW

WFMW-Healthy kids smoothies

Many times when kids get home from school they are STARVING & usually it comes with lots of tears or bad attitude. I have found a solution that has made our after school hours bearable. I make this smoothie every day & take it to my daughter when I pick her up. This recipe is for 2 or 3 small smoothies (I make one for her, one for lil brother & a small cup for me)

2- frozen bananas
1-2 cups vanilla almond milk (you can use milk)
1 scoop of Chocolate Protein powder (I use Spiru-Tein by Natures Plus)1 Tbsp ground flax seed (good source of fiber) or you could use wheat germ
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
Yogurt (I use plain or vanilla)
Agave nectar (for sweetener or honey)
Ice

Blend & serve (sometimes I add a tbsp of Coconut Oil-it really makes it creamy)

You can change it up & use the vanilla protein powder & add some fruit. But my base is always the bananas & vanilla almond milk. And if you want to get a little sneaky add a small handful of spinach- the chocolate hides the green!

Enjoy!