A Vintage Crate   +  room

DIY Pillows

So I was strolling through Pottery Barn the other day and saw these really fun sea-life pillows. I fell in love with the SeaHorse one -that was until I saw the $49 price tag-that DOES NOT include the pillow-just the cover.

I carefully put the pillow down and headed to the nearest fabric store. I bought 2 yards of linen-like fabric, some burlap, paint & sea life stencils.

I used the pillows I currently have on my couch- they were gold & red. I cut the fabric to fit the pillow. I then got out my trusty hot glue gun and glued 3 sides and left the 4th open (so I could slide my pillow in)

On one pillow I cut a Star Fish out of the burlap & hot glued it on. On the other 2 I stenciled my sea life and on the 4th I just glued some coordinating trim. I got 4 pillows for under $13!!!! They really lighten up the room and make it a little more "beachy". Its now making me want to re-cover the couch in a light linen but 3 kids & a white couch = DISASTER in my book. So in the meantime I will just enjoy my "white" pillows.