A Vintage Crate   +  space

Master Bedroom Plan

For those of you who know me well, know I can't leave well enough alone. Im now on my 3rd rendition of master bedroom makeover. The painters come on Saturday and Im having them paint it Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter.

A light gray with warm undertones, this classic shade creates a unifying look that calms and restores. A great transitional color, it's perfect for an open floor plan. Via Benjamin Moore If you follow me on Instagram you have already seen my fabric story:

I've been dying to use the new Mary McDonald trims! This one- Malmaison in Dove will trim out my new roman shades. Im also using the Mary McDonald Don't Fret in Bittersweet fabric for a lumbar pillow. The blue & sepia toned floral will be pillows, the Kelly Wearstler Bengal Bazaar will also be lumbar pillows for my slipper chairs. A pair of benches will be at the foot of the bed- recovered in an ice blue velvet. I bought these last year from Overstock and never liked the color so off to the upholsterer they go.

The nightstands, headboard, bedside lamps and mirror will stay.

Those Restoration Hardware sconces (which have NEVER looked right to me) are going. Im replacing them with a pair of Robert Abbey brass swing arm scones placed on either side of the bed.

The bedding will be Pottery Barn-- a cream washed velvet quilt (which is no longer available) This quilt is WONDERFUL- soft, washable and reversible. It was available during the Fall/Winter so maybe they will bring it back. I highly recommend it.Unfortunately its not in the budget to replace the carpet- so for now this Jute Boucle rug from West Elm will cover most of the carpet uglies. I have this rug in my living room (layered with a cowhide) and have recommended it to many clients. Its a great inexpensive rug thats fairly soft underfoot (not soft like you wanna rub your body on it soft-but as soft as soft goes for jute)My only beef with it- if you place it on a hard surface make sure you have a rug pad- and not a rug pad with holes in it- because all the dust, dirt, and sand sifts through this rug right onto your floor. Every few months I have to pull it up completely and vacuum under it.

So there you have- the Master Bedroom plan. Fingers crossed I don't stop mid-way (which I've been known to do) and change directions. Im forcing myself to stay off of Pinterest so I do not get side tracked. If you have ever seen the movie Up- when Doug the dog gets side tracked by a squirrel - well that's me when it comes to decorating my own space. I can focus with clients, but with my own personal home-not so much.