A Vintage Crate   +  shopping

Round Top

Last weekend I headed out to the Antique Market in Round Top, TX. This was my 1st time and let me tell you- It wont be my last!! A-mazing!!! I really was not prepared for the amount of vendors- there were over 400 in just ONE section! WOW. They opened the gates and 9am and I was told the traffic getting in would be a bear. So me being the over-zealous get up at the crack of dawn After Thanksgiving shopping mentality- I headed out at 6am! Well let me tell you I was the 5th car in line at the gate! woo-hoo!

I was squealing like a little kid- bouncing up and down in my seat! Unfortunately I had no one to go with me- so next time I am soooo taking a sister or friend! Squealing and clapping all by yourself is a little weird!
Once the gate opened and I drove like a bat outta hell nicely to my parking spot- I headed straight to the port-a-potty (I figured get there 1st before they get all nasty after 10 million people use them) ugh. Anyway I walked down isle after isle of amazing finds- furniture, chandeliers, frames, glassware, silver, antique toys, books, rugs- oh my, my little heart was beating so fast I started to think I was having an anxiety attack. And I soooo didnt bring a good camera (lesson learned). So here are some pics with my phone.

My goal for the day- DONT LEAVE unless I find something! Well at the very last stop-the very last booth- I DID!! this is what I brought home with me: And wait till you see what I did to it!!!

A little hint: this was my inspiration piece from Wisteria

The next Round Top antique fair will be in September and I will so be there!! With cash in hand, friends in car and a LARGER vehicle!