A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

a new table

Here's last weekend's project: our new table.

This is what it looked like before I was done with it.

I painted it 'swiss coffee' and distressed the heck out of it.

We've been without a table for a couple of months. Our old table just wasn't fitting my style anymore. I bought this years ago when I was going for a more traditional look and starting buying everything black. The Nester has this same table and I was tempted to paint it when she painted hers, but decided I wanted a smaller table with different chairs.

I found this one for the right price, and have been collecting different chairs that I will paint the same white color.

I pulled up my turquoise bench for temporary seating, until I can get all the chairs finished.

You can see part of this french beauty I finished months ago,

and also some of the chairs I currently have there.Stay tuned for more on my green french bistro chair, and where you can get one too--for cheap!

I love how the white table showcases my new pretty bowls from anthropologie.

Here's a peek at a couple of my chairs.

Three chairs need the seats recovered, but this one is temporarily covered in a large vintage reproduction tea towell that has just been casually tucked around it--although I kind of like it--maybe it will be permanent.

Now I'm off to finish the rest of the chairs and figure what I'm going to do with the seats--I'm thinking more tea towells or grain sacks.

Come back tomorrow to find out who won my giveaway!