A Vintage Crate   +  work

Drab to Shab Coffee Table

I need to remember to take before pics so you can see the awesome transformation. This was a blah pine coffee table we purchased in the 90's. Back then I loved the look of pine and bought a lot of it. Now my husband says I paint everything black or white. I was going to paint this cream but decided on white with a very heavy distressing which actually made it turn out more cream than white. After painting it white, I heavily brushed on a walnut stained then wiped off with a wet rag. I made sure to get it into the dings, scratches, and edges for a very distressed look. As you can tell, this is an interesting coffee table in that the top raises up so you can use it as a table when you are sitting on the couch. Its great for homework or eating in front of the t.v. I actually was ready to get rid of this before I finished it but my husband wanted to keep it. I decided to refinish it and now I am glad we kept this. I love how this turned out.