A Vintage Crate   +  tutorial

Mixing it Up

So after refinishing my dining room table I am at a stand-still as to what to do about my chairs. Staining them to match the table is the "old me". The "new me"-go big, go bold or go home!!The current design trend is to move away from the matchey-matchey and be different. I mean were talking mixing dark woods with painted pieces... . *gasp*... .. 10 years ago that was just only something high-end designers dared to do. Now its becoming more the "norm". I've seen it in kitchens, dining rooms and even wedding events. Here are some great examples of "mixing-it-up":

Source

Via: DecorPad

Via: DecorPad

Via: DecorPad

Source:Gerald Pomeroy Design

Horchow

Houzz

Source: Here

Southern Accents

Via: Stark Carpets

Veranda

Veranda

Veranda
I am currently loving the ghost chairs with the wooden table. But the practical side of me ask - is that really comfortable? Kinda like those sexy stiletto shoes you just HAVE to have- they look good but they feel like hell? (come on girls-we all own a pair, or two or five) a-hem. So Im leaning more towards some yummy wing-back chairs, and some Louis-style side chairs.
Here's my inspiration:

Horchow And Im loving those chandeliers. You could totally get that high end look with the Maskros chandelier from Ikea.

Speaking of which have you seen Amy Butler's apartment where she took that chandelier and spray painted it gold? See even Amy Butler uses spray paint!

See her whole house tour on Apartment Therapy: Here Its amazing! and if you don't know who Amy Butler is- go ask one of your crafty friends-they LOVE her. **Edited to add**- Guess what Pearl Street Interiors is going to be doing a tutorial on this exact chandelier soon! stay tuned!