A Vintage Crate   +  trip

Client project details

Anyone else so excited that summer is finally here and the kiddos are out of school? Of course ask me that again in about 10 weeks and I may answer differently. Im sure I will get my share of "Im bored" comments over the next few weeks. We do however have one big planned event this summer. We are going to Hawaii!! I've never been so I am beyond excited. My In-laws have rented a house on a private beach for the whole family. If you follow me on Instagram Im sure I'll be posting pics.Ok now onto some design stuff. I wanted to share the dramatic change we made in my clients entry with her dome ceiling. It was originally faux painted in a copper color with a stenciled vine around the edge. She wanted something more clean and simple- so we first painted out the dome and then had custom wooden beams installed. If you are local and are in need of a great craftsman who can build anything- I highly recommend Custom Trim Design.

We also installed a custom settee with a gray & cream stripe fabric in the entry.

Some detail shots: My client found these faux boxwoods from Pottery Barn but the base was a clay red color that did not match the feel of the space. I used Annie Sloans chalk paint in Old World White and sponged it on the base, then applied an antique dark wax to make it look more like stone.

This huge shell was a piece my client already had. It looks perfect sitting on the zinc top console.

We filled this clam shell with faux succulents and moss.

I LOVE this wooden bowl I scored from HomeGoods- I loved it so much I bought one for myself. Its perfect filled with succulents and orchids.

And I bought a third bowl for another client and filled hers with seashells.

And in the office some fresh flowers and a fun magnifying glass.

Hope you enjoyed some of these fun details. More photos of this project are here and here. If you are local and are in need of design services please feel free to email me at: amandaeck@hotmail.com. If you are not local I also offer E-Design services. All photos are from the talented Laurie Perez