A Vintage Crate   +  trip

Paint Party


******I have updated my paint colors- click HERE to see the newest colors********

320 Sycamore is having a Paint Party! Everyone is sharing their favorite paint color. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Sherwin Williams paint fan deck. Sometimes I pull it out and just dream about all the rooms I would love to paint. Of course I would need a 40 room house to do that! But here are some of my favorites:
The living room- (which I JUST painted about a week ago-by MYSELF: $60 in paint compared to $800 the paint contractor quoted me!)

Its Sherwin Williams Ivoire (I cheated and had Home Depot mix it for me). This room has sooo many windows and the paint changes color all day. It starts off very yellow in the morning then by afternoon turns to creamy butter then a warm Tuscan bronze/gold in the evening. It truly is amazing. If you plan on painting a large room-please please make sure you view your paint in all kinds of light before you paint an entire 2 story wall and then hate it and have to prime it with Kilz and then repaint it (not like that happened to me or anything ;-) )

I heart this Sherwin Williams paint swatch- from the Navajo White all the way down to the Relic Bronze- I would love to have all of them to create a harmonious flow throughout the house.

The Kitchen is Sherwin Williams Blonde (one step darker from Ivoire), the cabinets are Behr Jet Black and the Island is Sherwin Williams Navajo White (the lightest on that same swatch).

The Laundry room is a Walmart $6 oops- and I unfortunately threw away the can. But I love the sunny yellow against the black.

My bedroom was the 1st room I painted in our house- I first had this over-zealous, Tuscan yellow (which did not make for a warm, romantic room) I lived with it for 2 years and then repainted it with Sherwin Williams Toasty- and let me tell you- it is T.O.A.S.T.Y Love it!

Dont mind the jumping kid- this was the best true to life color I could get and he happend to be in the way :-)

I bought this AMAZING blue and brown fabric for one billion dollars a yard! but it was so worth it and I made a duvet cover and round table cover.

The guest bath downstairs is another color I have no clue what it is-sorry- but what I love about it is the stripes I painted. I first painted the walls with a flat- then taped off the stripes and painted the stripes with a gloss of the same color.

Once I finished the bathroom- I felt quite empowered and decided to paint the dining room a rich red with the tone on tone stripe. We first painted the walls with black primer (actually it turns out dark grey) then we painted with the flat red and taped off the stripes like in the bathroom. I was a huge project and dont know if I would do it again- (I HATE measuring and taping and measuring and taping) but I do enjoy this room. The color is Lowes Cherry Pie (flat and gloss).

I still have the small den to paint and plan to use the Sherwin Williams Navajo white-since this room adjoins both the kitchen and living room.
And just so you know- I have passed the paint-swatch loving addiction onto my 6 year old daughter. I found these in her purse the other day:

Now head on over to 320 Sycamore for more fun paint colors!!