A Vintage Crate   +  TIME

escaping to a Greek paradise.... yassou!

A post to say "yassou" for now - I'm off to the beautiful island of Samos for the next few weeks with Man and my sizeable family - the 8 of us are getting ready for a blissful escape to the Dodecanese islands of Greece. Sorry for sounding so happy for myself but it has been YEARS since my lilly white legs were exposed to real foreign beach sun!

My mama is half Greek and is hoping to rustle up some relatives while we're out there which could be very interesting... I'm googling some basic Greek phrases to try out!

The island itself has plenty of history and culture as well as beautiful ports and beaches. According to mythology Samos was the birthplace of the goddess Hera, wife of Zeus and queen of the gods. Samos is also the birthplace of many philosophers and mathematicians such as Epikouros, Aristarches and Pythagoras.

Samos here we come.... !!