A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

a little blue table inspired by Miss Mustard Seed

I'm lucky enough to be guest posting over at Redoux today (go check out Karen's blog for tons of inspiration). Here's a cute end table that I recently {primp}ed. I think I'll call her Miss Beadle in honor of my inspirations. The first being the well remembered teacher of Walnut Grove, the second is the other famous 'Miss'--Mustard Seed of course. I decided to give it an update in true Miss Mustard Seed style, with paint and lots of detailing. Here's the before, so you can truly appreciate how far she's come. I knew this piece would be perfect for the white detailing with its grooves and edges. I sanded generously, then added an antiquing stain over the whole thing. Then with a flat brush, I added the white paint in the grooves and along the edging. When I decide on buying a piece in its before-state, I look at the lines and details of a piece. This one had a great curvy bottom and pretty feet. I had a couple of different ideas for the pulls, but in the end I chose these glass ones because they were the perfect size, and I didn't want to mess with filling and drilling holes. I'm glad I did. The distressing and pretty glass knobs are a perfect combination, don't you agree? I think Miss Beadle turned out pretty purdy--what do you think? I hope this gives you some of your own inspiration to find something to {primp}. {fyi: paint is cupboard blue by Old Village}