A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

$3 Book Page Wreath

I've been wanting to try my hand at one of these wreaths for some time. And what better way to say fall than a unique wreath made from pages torn from a book.

I am so not ready to decorate for fall--at least with orange and black. Everywhere I go I'm seeing pumpkins and orange. My neighbor down the street even has a witch already on her porch--good grief!

Fall is the beginning of school and the perfect time to curl up with a good book as the air starts to turn crisper. (I just finished a good book, "Mockingjay"--the end to one of my favorite series of books.)

The best part about this project is that everything came from the dollar store, and the whole thing cost me $3.

I found a foam wreath core ($1), wrapped it with cream ribbon ($1), and took pages from the perfect sized book ($1)= $3 total. I tore out about 80 pages and twisted them into a cone shape, secured with a small piece of tape on the back. Then I hotglued each one on, making about 3 layers of cones. This was a really quick project and I'm ready to make another one. I found some vintage sheet music yesterday at the thrift store that would make an awesome wreath, similar to the one Miss Mustard Seed has. I'll be sure to post a tutorial when it's finished.

I also recently finished this "ghost" lamp to put in my pianoless piano room--that's 'fall'ish, right?