A Vintage Crate   +  trip

Coffee With...

Today I am excited to share "Coffee With" Emily A. Clark. I have been a follower of Emily's blog for sometime and it has been so exciting watching her design career take off. She is an amazing designer who can create beautiful, chic, and budget friendly spaces.

Bachelor Pad Makeover

Master Bedroom Retreat

Here is what Emily had to say:

When did you know that Interior Design was your passion? I never considered a career in design when I was younger. I really fell in love with it after we bought our first house. I just loved working on it, shopping for it, etc. Where do you find your inspiration? Well, I could spend hours on Pinterest. I think you can find inspiration anywhere, though--nature, someone's outfit, the color combo on a box of cereal . . . What is your favorite book/magazine on design? How about your favorite site? I love magazines with design for "real people" and I think Better Homes & Gardens does a great job of that. Online, I mentioned Pinterest and I still love decorpad.com. It's categorized well and easy to find images. What is the most frustrating aspect of your job as a designer? And the most rewarding one? Most frustrating: backordered fabric, out of stock items, etc.--the things you can't control, especially when you're trying to get a project done quickly. Most rewarding: excited/happy clients! What decorating techniques/ideas/projects would you recommend to a homeowner who wants a quick fix to their room? Paint part or all of the room a bold color. Make a trip to HomeGoods and buy new pillows, a couple of throws and some new lamps. It's like buying new lipstick! What’s something you should never skimp on when decorating your home? 
What? I skimp on everything when it comes to decorating my own house! I do feel like pieces you use on a daily basis are worth the investment--a good sofa, a big table that everyone can sit around, a nice rug. What’s your favorite color combination lately? I love the combo of coral and deep blue (with a little green mixed in. . .). Most cherished possession? Anything my kids make for me. My 6-year-old made me a picture that said, "Thanks for all you do for me". That was a heart-melter. I framed it. What would your dream project be? It's not so much about the room as it is the client. I love working with people who are enthusiastic, trusting and not afraid to try new things they never thought about in their homes.
Thank you Emily for sharing your designer thoughts. Make sure you head over to Emily's blog and see what she's been up to. She recently moved into a new home and has a blank canvas to play with (lucky girl). I am looking forward to seeing it come to life!