A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

Fall Runner

This was a quick and easy sewing project I put together over the weekend.

I wanted something to lighten up my very big and very dark table.

And add a touch of fall.

I decided to use what I already had--a long piece of textured muslin and a white dish towell from target.

I cut the muslin to the width and length I wanted. Then cut the towell in half and gathered and sewed to each end.

I added a galvanized tin trough I found at the thrift store.

and some mini pumpkins,

and vintage sheet music I put through the shredder.

After I sewed the runner I put it in the washing machine, then dryer to give the edges a frayed look.

When I pulled it out, however, the runner was way to short for my table. Either I really messed up on the measurements or it shrank big time in the dryer.

I ended up cutting it right in half and adding a piece in the middle with the stitching seams exposed for added texture.

Besides the little snafu it was relatively easy and painless.

It gives it kind of a farmhouse feel,

in the fall time.