A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

Another chair

I'm on a white chair kick, here is chair #2.

I would love to eventually have 6 different white chairs to replace the black ones at my dining table. (Remember my first chair?)

I don't have a before picture, but it was a dark brown wood with boring fabric seat cover. I painted it white and distressed the edges with a sander.

Then I made my own faux postal sack by using a plate, bowl, acrylic paint and paintbrush, a scrap of muslin, and some letter & number stamps from my scrapbook stash. I traced the plate and bowl for the circle and stamped the letters and numbers with the acrylic paint. Then added squiggles to give it that authentic vintage postage stamp look.

I then washed the material in the washing machine in cold. This made the paint fade a little in areas to give it more of that vintage feel.

This was a very cheap and easy makeover. I love it, do you?