A Vintage Crate   +  MUSIC

Timbaland - Shock Value 2

I was not that into this album when it first came out. I gave it a few listens and cycled through to the next CD in my play list... that is until recently. Actually, it is not so much the album as it is the remixes that have caught my attention.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how well some of the remixes are orchestrated. Not to mention they are done by some really talented DJs. In my opinion the DJs in this instance took average pop songs and turned them into club classics!

My two favorite remixes so far are: (1) the Katy Perry duet with Timbaland "If We Ever Meet Again," remixed by an ever evolving popular DJ Chew Fu, and (2) the Justin Timberlake duet with Timbaland "Carry Out," remixed by Julien Creance. Both have completely a different feel to them. Had these songs and many of the other on the album been remixed this way prior to placing them on the album, I'd say it would be a much better album. For now though, I'm happy just enjoying the remixes! Check them out below!

RATING: B

.

If We Ever Meet Again (Chew Fu Club Mix)

.

Carry Out (Julien Creance Club Mix