A Vintage Crate   +  tutorial

Chalk Paint... ..oh how I love thee

Wow! is all I can say. I first heard about it here from Miss Mustard Seed. Then I went here & placed my order and had a wonderful chat on the phone with the owner. So today when the UPS man rang my doorbell-I about tackled him to get that box outta his hands. Unfortunately I dont have an amazing piece of furniture to paint (yet) so I grabbed the next best thing- a mirror.

Now with this paint there is no sanding & no priming - should I repeat that? NO SANDING NO PRIMING! and its water-based.
For this project here's what I used:

Chalk paint in Paris Grey & Old White. Minwax clear wax paste & Fiddes & Sons antique paste which I heard about again from Miss Mustard Seed here. Now for technique- people I am NO teacher and honestly I have no clue what Im doing- so for tutorials please, please visit Miss Mustard Seed. But honestly all I did was slap it on with an old paint brush- wait for it to dry-applied the wax paste-applied the antique paste-wiped off the excess and I was done! D-O-N-E.
Here's the frame after the paint had dried and before the waxes were applied (and to be honest I liked it enough to leave it at that) but if you are wanting the worn, antique look and want to seal your piece-apply the wax.

And here's the after (yes shot with my camera phone-*sigh* one day I'll have a big girl camera!)

LOVE!!
I am planning on using these paints on my mothers old baby chest. She has moved into a new home recently and wants me to update it for her. I'll keep you posted on the progress of that.
Linking up to:Miss Mustard Seed