A Vintage Crate   +  work

{primp}ing a dresser

I just finished this dresser:

I love the details in the second drawer. Originally a boring brown, I painted it white and distressed the edges. I kept all the original pulls except for the top drawer--and added 2 gorgeous glass knobs from anthropologie.

My daughters' room is slowly evolving into more of a shabby chic style, which I am really loving now.

I've been primping with beautiful finds from the thrift store: a white shabby photo holder, rose adorned box, and painted floral caddy.

I'm still working on the bed that's opposite this dresser (you can partially see in the full mirror--also found at the thrift store.)

Now go and primp!
Also, I am fascinated by this live video showing an eagle's nest in Iowa. I found this via a fellow blogger (not sure who now) and can't stop watching it. The mama eagle is sitting on 2 just barely hatched baby eaglets and 1 soon-to-hatch egg. It's been so fun to watch, one moment she was there alone, the next the daddy eagle had brought some food (maybe a mole or something) so she could feed her babies. So cool--you have to check it out.