A Vintage Crate   +  work

a {refined} farmhouse dresser

You may have seen glimpses of her before showcasing my vignettes, but I've never properly introduced her...

This is Anne.

This is what she looked like when I found her.

I loved the curve of her legs, and especially the detail of the key holes.

I painted her a pretty cream but left the top alone, adding only a warm wood stain.

She reminds me of a piece you'd find in an old farmhouse, with a little more refinement.

Two of the knobs were damaged which allowed me to add some cute glass ones at the top. The existing ones were a brassy color which seemed too bold, so I dry brushed some paint on them so only a little bit of the brass showed through.

I couldn't let Anne go without introducing her--she will soon be replaced with a buffet I am currently working on in the garage.

Also, big news (for me), next week marks my 1 year blogiversary. Enter my giveaway to celebrate--it's like Oprah's favorite things--well, kind of--more like a few of Primp's favorite things.