A Vintage Crate   +  room

Black & White abstract art-DIY

One of the things I love about blogging is the community of friends I have met on-line. Everyday I am encouraged and inspired by so many talented ladies out there. One of my daily reads is Interior Designer Kristin Jackson's blog The Hunted Interior. She shared a DIY black & white brush stroke art piece inspired by artist Fraz Kline

After seeing her piece I decided to tackle one myself. And me being an impatient, instant gratification type of person I did not shop all my local thrift stores for a $5 bargain frame. I chose the quick & less economical way- I purchased a new frame from Hobby Lobby- but it was on sale!

The frame however, was black- but nothing a quick coat of spray paint can't remedy.I knew exactly where I wanted my piece to go. I have this antique hutch, passed down from my husbands grandmother, in our dining room. I have always struggled with what to put on top of it. The ceilings are tall in my dining room and everything I put up there seems to feel out of place.BEFORE:

But not anymore!AFTER: