A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

a fun birthday party

So I told you about this little birthday party I threw last week for my daughter who turned 9. It had a "sweet" theme where the girls all got aprons, did some cake decorating on dollar store cake plates, and loaded up at the candy 'bar'.I made a cake bunting out of fabric scraps and good old shishkabob sticks to top the layered cake.

Here is the candy 'bar' where the kids could load up a bag for their party favor before they left.

I made a 'sweets' banner out of an old plastic tablecloth, some chalkboard paint, and some ribbon that I hung in front of the candy bar.

We also set up a mini photo booth in front of a yellow polka-dotted sheet found at the thrift store. The girls wore their upcycled aprons I made for them out of old skirts, and some goofy mouth suckers .

I was surprised how much they loved taking pictures here, and kept posing,

and posing,

and posing.

Here are the $2 cake plates made out of 2 pieces from the dollar store. They decorated mini cakes that fit right on top. The cakes were a total mess to frost, but the kids had fun with the icing and sprinkles.

I made all the aprons out of old skirts I thrifted, and just added some contrasting fun material for the ties and pockets.

Here she is, the birthday girl, the goofy blonde in the middle. I can't believe she's 9!