A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

{primp}ing a porch

I've been busy primping my back porch. Now that it is summer, we've been spending a lot of time here, talking, reading, and barbecuing, and I wanted to primp it up a bit to make it more comfy and inviting. I've had the main pieces of furniture for years, but just recently added the brown wicker chair, which was thrifted--along with this pretty pillow, it's made out of burlap that's been embroidered on, and kind of reminds me of something you'd find in anthropologie. I didn't know what I would do with this cool wood bucket with it's wire accent, but I'm glad I didn't pass it up at the thrift store. It now houses some pretty purple flowers. The blue bird and yellow rosette pillows are from Target, and the blue striped table cloth is from a really cute consignment store in St. George, UT, called Urban Renewal. But I've recently seen it here and here. My sister-in-law found this very distressed and chippy cart on wheels--I have no idea what it was used for but she thought it looked like my style. I'll share more about these boots in my next post, and how they came to be a planter. It's cozy and comfy here now, with little pops of color, and there is plenty of seating for everyone--if you need me, you can find me here for about the next 2 months. Now go forth and primp! Don't forget about my first ever linky party! If you have something to share, that you have primped, please go here!