A Vintage Crate   +  too cute

The Sweetest Gifts

Here's a photo of my sister's newest baby girl. I met her for the first time this past Wednesday. My newborn niece is absolutely delicious.

This is perhaps one of the sweetest things I've ever received for Mother's Day. Of course, the handmade gifts that children make are always touching. My youngest son put this together for me all on his own, gathering tiny blossoms from our yard...

Don't you just love the tiny bathroom cup that he cut down so that every 'flower' could be seen? **Note: These cups are not waterproof, I've discovered :(

Lastly, I wanted to share what my husband decided to do for me this Mother's Day. I had expressed how much I'd love for our family to be able to sponsor a child through Compassion International. I'd been made aware of the situation of children in rural India through a trip that some bloggers took a few weeks ago. While reading their blog posts and tweets, I became convinced that there was something that I could do to make a significant difference in the life of a child.

So, I told my husband that I'd prefer he not buy me a gift for Mother's Day, but I'd rather he consider sponsoring a young child in a third world country. I was thrilled when he said he was open to the idea.

~ ♥ I am proud to share with you that we are now the loving sponsors of a beautiful 10-year-old girl from India, named Amita. According to the Compassion website, she was among the children who have been waiting the longest to be sponsored.♥ ~

Our family now waits anxiously for our packet to arrive within the next few weeks. Included will be information pertaining to how we can communicate with Amita and what items we'll be allowed to send her. My boys are most interested in being able to send and receive mail from her. But me, I can't wait to exchange photographs with "our little girl."