A Vintage Crate   +  TIME

GOING TOPLESS

Ladies & Gents Im going topless!! In my living room... ..in front of my windows... ... .. seriously Im doing it!! Im taking down my top... ... ... ... ... ... off my curtains! (you were scared for a bit werent you?)Thats right!! NO MORE VALANCES!!! Im over-em----done!! Now don't get all upset with me- I still like valances--just kinda tired of the look. Its a bit too traditional for me. and I want to let you know-its OK to go topless. let those drapes hang out!! Let them be free!! You will be amazed at how much more light your room will get!Here are just few examples of some (in the words of my best friend) "No Mam!!" (and if these pictures are of your home or someone you know-I do apologize in advance)

Now to be fair to you Valance-lovers out there, here are some examples of treatments done tastefully.

Elle Decor

Via: High Sugarplum How cute are these? and love the pop of pink trim!!

Now here are mine: I have had this Waverly Country House Toile for quite some time. I still love it, but its just not the direction Im going in my home anymore.

And here it is now: (you'll also noticed I painted. Its Restoration Hardware's Stone and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it)

Weekend Bloggy Reading