A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

a post about grain sacks {i won some and my new grain sack ottoman}

I won some lovely grain sacks.

I just knew I was meant to win these, when I opened the package ...

Our initials!

Thank you so much Maria at Dreamy Whites for such a great gift. Not only were the grain sacks lovely, but so was the packaging. They came with some beautiful postcards, taken by Maria herself.

I just love her styling. Maria's beautiful blog, where she shows of her home with a french farmhouse feel, is my absolute favorite. You can find more grain sacks and other vintage goods in her Dreamy Whites Shop. Here are some photos from her blog of what she's done with grain sacks around her home.

{via Dreamy Whites }

{via Dreamy Whites }

{via Dreamy Whites } Not sure what I will do with the grain sacks, yet, but most likely they will be made into pillows or a table runner. And speaking of grain sacks ...

Here is my new grain sack inspired ottoman/bench.

I purchased it at a Pottery Barn outlet for a fraction of the original cost--score!

I love the nubby and durable material,

and think it's a perfect fit for this space.