A Vintage Crate   +  work

the making of a french sap bucket

Here's a five minute project I finished to frenchify this old sap bucket. Here is the inspiration project, ripped from the pages of a recent Restoration Hardware Catalog. It seems the only things I want in similar decorating catalogs are the vintage accessories you can't buy. So, I have to try and find or recreate them. I used this old galvanized bucket found at the thrift store, and a stencil. I hate to measure, so I just started from the middle and worked my way out using a sharpie permanent marker, because it's easier, until everything was done. Then I went over it with some steal wool to age it. I added some lavender from my yard to complete the look I was going for. Here it is sitting on my dining table. It adds more french farmhouse feel to my evolving dining nook. And because I am trying to simplify against my nature to constantly add things to primp my space, this is going in my etsy shop along with some other recent vintage finds. keep primping,

P.S. Come back tonight to start linking up to my {Primp} your stuff Wednesday Linky Party!