A Vintage Crate   +  work

Its beginning to look a lot like... .

Christmas! yes I know Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away and Im already getting out the Christmas decor- hey when you have 3 little ones underfoot- you HAVE to plan ahead or my house wouldnt be decorated until Presidents Day! So Melissa at The Inspired Room invited everyone to link up their Holiday post. If you havent visited her site YOU MUST!!!! Its packed with ideas and great tips.
Anyway-on to my decorating. I have started with the fireplace-its the easiest to decorate and doesnt take me days to do (like our 12 foot tree-yes 12 foot-THATS another post) I wanted to do simple and elegant (those words are SOOOO over used these days-but they work) I went with the browns, bronze, silver, and golds this year. Michaels has this whole section of amazing decor in these colors-but the prices-NOT SO MUCH. So I had to get frugual and "shop the house" again. I re-did my old red berry trees here. And I made a small wreath for the mirror out of an old wreath frame that had summer apples on it and wrapped Christmas holly on it.The holly had the ugly red fake berries on it-I pulled those off and left it natural.
The ribbon is from my Fall stuff.

Heres the fireplace mantel area. I still have some tweeking to do.