A Vintage Crate   +  vintage

Vintage Cone Ornament

Here's a peak at my Christmas tree.

Lots of cream and silver with a touch of red.

A handmade vintage Christmas cone: simple & quick.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, its time to start decorating for Christmas. I love to make some homemade ornaments every year. Growing up, our Christmas tree was filled with mostly homemade ornaments, made by either my mom, or the ones made by us kids at school. I love having homemade ornaments on the tree mixed in with the store bought kind.

Last year I changed my Christmas tree into a "vintage Christmas" theme. So it is somewhat bare and needs more stuff. I'll be getting busy filling it up. Here is idea #1:

These cones are a takeoff on the vintage sheet music wreath I completed just a few months ago. Just twist a sheet into a cone, embellish with some dollar store trim, and fill with even more sheet music (shredded this time). Hang with some wire and you're done!

Here it is step by step if you want to make some for yourself:

twist into a cone,

cut to make a flat top,

gather a strip of white crepe paper,

hot glue onto the inside of the cone,

add dollar store trim,

Simple, yet sweet, just the way I like 'em!